Thursday 4 February 2010

Similar Text Related To My Practical Production

The Economist

http://www.economist.com/


The Economist is an English-language weekly news and international affairs publication owned by The Economist Newspaper Ltd. This magazine relates to my chosen praticle production as it has some of the conventions that I want to use for mine, and example is that it discusses and has sections on news, politics and business which are some of the features my magazine will contain. Another convention that this magazine has which I hope mine to have is that it has a general economics column, frequently based on academic research which I believe that would and should be included in my magazine. The Economist would fit into my investigation because it contains current affairs in the news and politics which my magazine will mainly focus on. As this magazine focuses on issues of current news, then I will be able to relate it to my investigation upon black people and how the media represents these group of people.

The Week

http://www.theweek.co.uk/

The Week is a weekly current affairs magazine founded in the United Kingdom.This magazines provide a digest of the week's news and editorial commentary from global media in order to provide readers with multiple political viewpoints. In addition to news and opinion, the week also covers science, business and the arts. This magazine contains a lot of factual and opinion led articles which I find a very good and are some of the conventions and features that I want in my magazine. In my magazine or article I want to discuss issues both natioal and international media news, which is another convention this magazine has. This magazine will allow me to relate it to my pratical investigation as I will be able to discuss people opinions and views upon black people within contemporary news and relate it to how this has changed using sources which cover political viewpoints.

Private Eye

http://www.private-eye.co.uk

Private Eye is a fortnightly British satirical and current affairs magazine, Private Eye has been a prominent critic of public figures deemed incompetent, inefficient or corrupt, and has become a self-styled "thorn in the side" of the British establishment, though it also receives much criticism and ire, both for its style and for its willingness to print defamatory and controversial stories.This magazine is very unique with it's variationquality cartoons which I find would be quite interesting to have in my magazine. As this magazine is quite different, I will be able to use this element to showcase the images of black people within the media and how this has affected current affairs associated with news and political change black people face, both national and worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment